No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Longford, County Longford. The Odeon Cinema was a conversion of the old Forresters Hall and opened on 9th October 1941 and was set up by John Doris and Matthew Lyons, later known as Midland Amusements. It had 652 seats in stadium style and a Western Electric(WE) sound system fitted. The first film to be shown was Deanna Durbin in “Spring Parade”. It was damaged by fire in 1950 but reopened the following year. Singers Ruby Murray and Bridie Gallagher put on shows here and it is also known to have hosted the odd boxing match. Lyons was also involved in running the earlier Palace Cinema in the town and the pair later bought the Adelphi Cinema. The Odeon Cinema had been twinned by 1985 and it was closed around 1994 and was demolished. Doris died in 2005 aged 101. The Odeon Cinema is believed to have stood where the Omniplex multiplex cinema is now situated.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.