Band Box Theatre
125 E. Broughton Street,
125 E. Broughton Street,Savannah, GA 31401
No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 1 comment
The Folly Theatre was listed in the 1914-1915 American Motion Picture Directory. It was one of five movie houses listed for Savannah, the others being the Bijou, the Odeon and the Princess, all on Broughton Street, and the Pekin Theatre on Broad Street.
The Folly is listed in the FDY through 1929, with 350 seats. It then vanishes, reappearing in 1934 with 500 seats. From 1935 through 1942 it is listed with 600 seats. In 1943 the 600-seat Bandbox Theatre makes its first appearance. The Bandbox is listed through 1947, and in 1948 the Avon first appears.