116 E. Stinton Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Hall Industries Theaters
Previous Names: Shadowland Theatre, Elaine Theatre, Rialto Theatre
No theaters found within 30 miles
The Shadowland Theatre was opened by 1923 It was renamed the Elaine Theatre in 1924. It was taken over by Hall Industries Theaters on November 27, 1927 and was renamed Rialto Theatre. This was the original Rialto Theatre and it was closed in August 1936 when they opened their New Rialto Theatre a block west, on August 16, 1936. Hall Industries Theater reopened the original Rialto Theatre as the Rex Theatre on July 14, 1942 with Dick Foran in “Road Agent”. Run in tandem with the New Rialto Theatre, the Rex Theatre showed Spanish-language films on weekdays and Hollywood films on the weekends for much of its operating cycle. The Rex Theatre’s run was about ten years ending September 24, 1951 with “Curato Vidas”.
The location later became home to the Old Theater Cafe in the 21st Century.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.