Café Theater Schalotte
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Baldur Lichrspiele, Baldur Filmtheater
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located in the west of the city center district of Charlottenburg at the address Schulstrasse 20. The Baldur Lichtspiele opened in 1933 and was operated by Willy Hein. It had 540-seats in orchestra & balcony levels. In 1933 a sound system was installed. In 1941 the cinema was closed due to war-time conditions.
It was re-opened in 1949 and was re-named Baldur Filmtheater. Around 1952 the address was altered to Behaimstrasse 22-24. In 1958 it was taken over by Ernst Wolf. In 1960 the Erko IV projectors were replaced by projectors by Bauer. In 1967 it was taken over by Miss Kandt. The cinema was closed in 1978.
It was re-opened in 1980 as a non-profit live theatre presenting cabaret named Cafe Theater Schalotte and often hosts a very clever drag theatre group named O-Tonpiraten.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.