6 E. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Firms: Schenck & Williams
Functions: Office Space
No theaters found within 30 miles
The 1948 Sanborn shows movies being shown in the Monroe Township Building, a large civic structure constructed in 1916.
This structure included an auditorium and stage when and opened on April 6, 1918 as a movie theatre It was closed from 1931 to 1937. It’s unclear whether this space was leased to an operator, or if the city ran the theatre. It had reopened by 1938.
The Auditorium Theatre was fairly large, with a small stage at the rear wall, and a balcony. Entry was through a center door, giving access to a narrow transverse lobby running behind a small office on one side and a public restroom on the other. Doors at either end of this hallway led to staircases up to the balcony. It was still open in 1955.
At some point, numerous office spaces were created in the western wall of the building, facing S. 3rd Street. It is unclear if any of the auditorium remains, and the building is used by various local government and community organizations.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.