Plaza 1 & 2
2257 Louisville Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Office Space
Previous Names: Plaza Theatre
The Twin City Shopping Center opened in the late-1950’s as an open air shopping center. In the 1960’s, the first enclosed mall in the area was built adjacent to the center. The Twin City Mall opened with anchors Montgomery Ward and local department store, Selber Brothers. On August 13, 1970 a ‘gala red carpet opening’ of the Plaza Theatre was held and the opening attraction was “Airport” starring Burt Lancaster. The Plaza Theater was a single screen theatre and advertised as a ‘Visterama’ theatre. The auditorium was on a steeply raked single floor. The walls and screen were covered with gold metallic curtains. There was a large foyer which also served as a smoking area.
On July 1, 1977, the Plaza Theatre converted into a twin screen theatre named Plaza 1 & 2. Screen 1 with 375-seats played “Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope” starring Mark Hamill & Harrison Ford and Screen 2 with 225-seats played “A Bridge Too Far” starring Sean Connery.
The Plaza Theatre was closed around 1985.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.