451 Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
During portions of late-Winter and early-Spring 1928, the Town Hall was remodeled into a theatre. While being almost complete before opening, the American Theatre was scheduled to open on April 25, 1928 with William Boyd in “Two Arabian Knights” as its first film. The American Theatre’s showing of the film is accompanied by the nearby town of Connersville’s city orchestra which composed their own soundtrack.
A bit of information about it goes as follows: The improvements on the building include a new fireproof ceiling on the entire first floor, a fire-proof booth for projectors and a new entrance to the lobby, electrical wiring fixtures and redecorating the interior of the building, as it carries the approval of the State Fire Marshall. The lobby of the first floor has a new texture paint, while the steps leading up to the auditorium were covered by Wilton rugs, the floor being covered with heavy inlaid linoleum. All draperies were carried out the color schemes of ivory and green. A sound system would later being installed during late-December 1931.
The American Theatre operated for almost 10 years, closing its doors for the final time in early-1938. Howard Morin is the proprietor of the American Theatre, who opened the Morin Theatre on September 3, 1937 being named after his last name, is forced to vacate the upstairs showroom of the Town Hall building, since the theatre is a Town Hall being announced by the Clerk Treasurer C. M. Senefeld on February 10, 1938.
On the afternoon of May 8, 1938, White Water Valley Aerie #1129 (Fraternal Order of Eagles) secured the consent of the town council for the use of the American Theatre for purpose of joining the nation in honoring all mothers.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.