77 Dalhousie Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: 20th Century Theaters, Allen Theatres, Famous Players
Previous Names: Brant Theatre, Allen Theatre
The Brant Theatre was opened on February 9, 1914. It became the Allen Theatre on February 2, 1920, opening with Mabel Norman in “Upstairs”. It returned to the Brant Theatre name on October 11, 1922. It was closed in 1930.
The Brant theatre reopened on September 29, 1935 and closed on July 1, 1950 for renovation. It was taken over by Famous Players and renamed Paramount Theatre on March 21, 1951, opening with Glenn Ford in “The Redhead and the Cowboy”. In June 1955 it was taken over by 20th Century Theaters after receiving a remodel. It was closed on May 7, 1960 and has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 3 comments)
timeline for this theatre
*February 9th, 1914 opened as Brant
*February 2nd, 1920 reopens as Allen
*Renamed Brant on October 11th, 1922
*1930 closed to regular movies
*September 29th, 1935 reopened by Famous Players
*July 1st, 1950 closed for rebuilding
*March 21st, 1951 renamed Paramount
*June 1955 taken over by 20th Century theatres and back to Famous Players before 1960.
*May 7th, 1960 closed
Seven grand opening ads posted.
Allen Theatre opening 31 Jan 1920, Sat The Expositor (Brantford, Ontario, Canada) Newspapers.com
Beautiful full page ad from 1951
Famous Players Paramount opening 21 Mar 1951, Wed The Expositor (Brantford, Ontario, Canada) Newspapers.com