1900 E. Poe Street,
1 person favorited this theater
The Cactus Drive-In opened between 1961, when an aerial photo showed the remains of an old race track at its future site, and August 1964, when it was mentioned in a story in the Roswell Daily Record. On September 22, 1970, the Cactus Drive-In ran an advertisement in the Daily Record noting that was “Now Open” on Poe Street a half mile east of the fairgrounds.
In March 1974, the Cactus Drive-In ran an advertisement offering a reward for the conviction of whoever stole its projection equipment. An aerial photo from October 1975 showed the drive-in intact with an east-facing screen. By 1978, the trucking firm on Poe Street had taken over the field behind the projection building, and by 1981, the Cactus Drive-In was completely gone.
The old Cactus Drive-In site is now the south end of a recycling center in place of the old trucking firm. The drive-in’s entrance was off of what is now Kallahin Road.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.