1371 Rue Ontario Est,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Theatre Prospero (Official)
Previously operated by: La Québécoise, Nick Palermo,
Architects: Joseph Raoul Gariepy
Functions: Live Theatre
Previous Names: Theatre Lune Rousse, Cameo, Marquis, La Quebecoise 2:Marquis
This was first known as the Theatre Lune Rousse in 1911 and changed to Cameo in 1925. It ceased running advertisements in La Presse in 1965. Nick Palmero reopens it as Cinéma La Québécoise 2: Marquis presenting adult films with children’s matinees on the weekends on August 6th, 1971. It was taken over by the Prospero theatre, who dismantled it and rebuilt it in 1994–1995 after it ceased playing movies in 1984.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 3 comments)
Ad and picture posted.
The Doctoral thesis of Alexandra Heather Gibb, Beyond the Decline: Revaluing Montreal’s Movie Palaces, indicates that the Théâtre Lune Rousse was designed by Montreal architect Joseph-Raoul Gariépy.
As mentioned in the description above, the former Québécoise 2/Marquis is now a live theatre venue called the Théâtre Prospero and is open. This is its website (in French):