Cineac Gare Saint Lazare
Gare Saint Lazare,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Cineac
Firms: Montaut & Gorska
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Cine-Paris-Midi
Newsreel theatres were a concept created by an American businessman in 1929. The idea was to construct a cinema in a very busy area where patrons have an hour to spend.
Cineac Gare Saint Lazare was the first built in Paris, opening on 24th March 1932 as the Cine-Paris-Midi. It was located under the Saint Lazare railway station in the Gallerie des Marchands. It was developed by Reginald Ford, and eventually the Cineac chain had 28 cinemas operating in France, Holland & Belgium.
One hour program was presenting newsreels, cartoons and documentaries nonstop. The design was also a concept with blue and white colours and Art Deco shapes.
In the 1960’s the Cineac Gare Saint Lazar turned to second run movies at a cheap price and closed around 1965. It is now a retail shop.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.