1100 Broadway Mall,
5 people favorited this theater
Architects: Leon A. Miller
Previous Names: Twin North and South Theatres, Mann's Twin North and South Theatres, North and South Theatres
- Showcase Cinema de Lux Broa...
- Showcase Cinema DeLux Farmi...
- Hicksville Twin Theater
- Hicksville Opera House
- UA Westbury Stadium 12
News About This Theater
- Mar 31, 2013 — "2001: A Space Odyssey" 45th Anniversary – The Cinerama Engagements
- May 23, 2012 — Celebrating the Original STAR WARS on its 35th Anniversary
- May 18, 2009 — Remembering Cinerama (Part 31: Long Island)
- May 25, 2007 — Happy 30th, Star Wars!
Opened by Town and Country Theatres on May 27, 1964 with Elizabeth Taylor in “Cleopatra” in the Twin North Theatre. This 2,000-seat cinema was located in the Mid-Island Plaza Mall in Hicksville, NY. It was later taken over by Fox Eastern Theatres. A 1968 advertisement shows the South Theatre playing “2001: A Space Odyssey” in 70mm Cinerama exclusively on Long Island. In 1973 it was taken over by Mann Theatres. From December 21, 1984 this theatre was chopped up into six screens by an independent owner and renamed Mid-Plaza 6. It closed on September 8, 1989 when it was announced Redstone was opening a new multi-plex in the new Hicksville Mall and was afterward demolished and replaced by an IKEA store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.