503 Cedar Lane,
8 people favorited this theater
Architects: John Adolph Emil Eberson
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Teaneck Theatre, Cedar Lane Cinemas
News About This Theater
This former single screen movie house, which opened as the 1,034-seat Teaneck Theatre on October 21, 1937 with Sonja Henie in “Thin Ice” & Jane Withers in “Wild and Woolly”. It has been delighting northern New Jersey audiences for over six decades.
It became a triplex on January 27, 1984 and is now split into a four screener. The Cedar Lane Cinemas was a popular place to see first run movies and has retained its façade over the years. It was closed on November 25, 2012. Taken over by new owners, it was renovated and a digital projection system was installed, and it reopened December 20, 2013 as the Teaneck Cinemas, with a reduced seating capacity of 525. The reopening movies were “Anchorman 2”, “Frozen” and “Saving Mr. Banks”.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.