Glenelg Cinema Centre 119 Jetty Road, Adelaide, SA - Previously known as The Ozone

Uploaded By

Tiny film

Featured Theater

Wallis Dress Circle Foyer.

Glenelg Cinema Centre

Adelaide, AU

More Photos

Photo Info

Uploaded on: February 4, 2024

Size: 230.2 KB

Views: 102

License:

Glenelg Cinema Centre 119 Jetty Road, Adelaide, SA - Previously known as The Ozone

Located in the south-west Adelaide suburb of Glenelg. The Ozone Theatre opened on 25th November 1937. The theatre was designed by Kenneth Milne and had a seating capacity of 1,920.

In 1951 it was listed as being operated by a company known as Hoyts-Ozone Theatres Ltd. Operated as a single screen theatre until 1971.

It was twinned in 1972, and tripled in 1978, when it was re-named Glenelg Cinema Centre, seating was 694, 232 and 232. The last movie shown here was a free screening of “Gone With the Wind” which took place on February 1, 2009. At the time of closing, it was operated by Wallis Cinemas.

It was demolished in June/July 2011 - Notes by Lost Memory

Contributed by Greg Lynch -

Unfavorite No one has favorited this photo yet

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment