No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Ufa
Architects: Hugo Pal
Styles: Art Nouveau
The Marmorhaus opened in 1913 and the name translates as ‘Marblehouse’, which is appropriate as the facade is completely covered in white marble slabs. Original seating was for 620 in orchestra and balcony levels and the architect was Hugo Pal.
The interior was twinned in 1972 and further sub-divided into 4 screens in 1975 which destroyed the original interior decorations.
The cinema closed in 2001 and the interior was stripped out and gutted. Today it serves as a retail clothing shop, but still has the original ‘Marmorhaus’ blue neon name sign on the freshly cleaned marble facade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 3 comments)
A night photograph of the Marmorhaus, operating as a 3 screen cinema in 1981?
More infos and photographs on this theater (and many others) can be found on the German language only Berlin Movie Theater Guide – www.kinokompendium.de: UFA Marmorhaus
The Cabinet of Dr Caligari had its world premiere here in February 1920.