109 S. Range Street,
109 S. Range Street,Oblong, IL 62449
No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 3 comments
The original 237-seat Home Theatre opened at 109 S. Range Street in July of 1922 according to its operators, Price & Dalrymple. Thomas J. Price took on the theatre without Dalyrymple in 1931. In March of 1944, the first Home Theatre was destroyed in a fire. Free films were shown outside near that location while the new Home Theatre was under consideration for a potential rebuild. Despite the War and associated material shortages, the building’s owner, Guy Flick and Price got Governmental approval to rebuild the Home.
The new Home Theatre was constructed at the same location as the original opening in April of 1945 at 109 S. Range. It appears to have fulfilled a 20-year lease before closing. The space was repurposed for other retail interests with the building surviving into the 21st Century.
Is it closed?
Listed in the Film Daily Yearbook;1941 and 1943 editions with a seating capacity of 250 and 278 respectively. In the 1950 edition of F.D.Y. seating is given as 370.