No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Loew's Strand Theatre
The Strand Theatre was one of the subsequent-run cinemas of White Plains, but many people who grew up there in the 1940’s and 1950’s fondly remember it as "The Ranch House" for specializing in "B" westerns, serials, and similar action fare. Described by a frequent patron as "quite dingy," the Strand Theatre was situated on Wall Street, which wasn’t much more than an alley and had the Wall St. Tavern as its only other tenant. Both places, along with Wall Street itself, vanished in the re-development of the city’s business district.
Some late-1920’s/early-1930’s trade directories list the Strand Theatre as operated by Loew’s, along with the State Theatre (aka Loew’s White Plains Theatre), but that was for just a short period of time. For most of its existence, the Strand Theatre was run by the Prudential Circuit, later a division of United Artists Theatre Circuit. More information is needed about its history.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.