122 S. Main Street,
122 S. Main Street,De Graff, OH 43318
No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 2 comments
The Roxy Theatre opened under Jack “J.J.” Gutilla’s watch on September 6, 1938. This may have been the home of De Graf’s silent-era Ideal Theater renamed after a period of vacancy when conversion to sound was too expensive.
The final owners of the Roxy Theatre, Phil and Mary Christy, closed the venue in January of 1970 with no promise to reopen. The Roxy made a transition from a cinematic to biblio-centric existence when it converted to a bookstore, Anchor Books, on November 15, 1976. The venue later housed a City of De Graf annex that housed one of the safest public libraries in the nation sharing its space as of the 2020s with the local police department.
1949 image and business card added. Spelling should be changed to “Theatre”. Closed approximately 1967. As of 2016, the building houses the DeGraff Annex Library & Police Department.