Elysian Picture House
3 Wheater Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Elysian Palace
Located in the Lidget Green district of Bradford. The Elysian Palace was opened on 16th September 1912 with “Dr. Le Fleur’s Theory” and “The Reconstructed Rebel” It was a purpose-built cinema, constructed of stone, and had a half-timbered apex on the façade. Seating was provided for 535, all on a single level. The proscenium was 14 feet wide.
By 1934 it had been re-named Elysian Picture House, with seating later reduced to 400 and the proscenium widened to 22 feet. The Elysian Picture House was closed on 12th March 1955 with Jean Simmons in “"Affair with a Stranger”.
It was converted into a depot & garage. In later years it was last used as a clothing factory, known as Rai Clothing Co. - Family Fabrics. In 2008, the building had not been used for several years, and was roofless, in a semi-derelict state. The front of the building was demolished in 2014/2015.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.