Monte and Calle Fernandina,
Monte and Calle Fernandina,Havana
No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 3 comments
The Roosevelt opened in 1920 in the corner of Monte and Fernandina St owned by Blanco y Martinez.The name of the theater was selected in a public contest, the winner received a $50.00 prize. Not bad for that year.
Before being close for good, it’s name was changed from Roosevelt, honoring the great american President to Guisa, location where Fidel Castro fought a battle during the Cuban Revolution.
The upper part of the building volume in the Cine Roosevelt was deconstructed, only the ground floor left. Hard to identify it as a former cinema. Today it houses a community health center.