Grand Opera House
109 S. Pierre Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Grand Opera House (Official)
Functions: Live Theatre
Previous Names: Grand Theater, Studio 109
The Grand Opera House was built around 1906 by Charles L. Hyde. In 1919 the Grand Opera House was converted into a 600 seat motion picture theater known as the Grand Theater. In 1968 the name was changed to Studio 109 which continued to show movies until 1978. Studio 109 was then converted for use as a live theater. The name has been changed back to the Grand Opera House and it is home to the Pierre Players.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 3 comments)
Construction of Charles Hyde’s opera house at Pierre was set to begin in the spring, according to a notice in the January 10, 1906, issue of The American Carpet and Upholstery Journal.
1909 photo added courtesy Mike Alexander, Grand Opera House right of center. 1911 photo added courtesy Terry Shangreaux.