11 Place Pigalle,
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Pierre Blum, Robert Enault, Henri Just, Charles Siclis
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Folie-Pigalle Cinema, Cinema-Odeon, Theatre Pigalle, Cinema Pigalle
Located in the north of the city centre. The Folie-Pigalle Cinema was a conversion of a former workshop building in September 1907 to the plans of architect Robert Enault. It opened in 1908. In November 1929 it was renovated to the plans of architects Charles Siclis, Henri Just & Pierre Blum and renamed Theatre Pigalle, still operating as a cinema, it reopened on 15th April 1932 with “La Nuit du Carrefour”, directed by Jean Renoir. Seating was provided for 400 in orchestra and three balconies. In December 1932 a Studio Pigalle was opened in the basement (which has its own page on Cinema Treasures). It was still operating in 1955 as the Cinema Pigalle, but had closed by 1965.
The building has been in use for many years as a live performance striptease theatre known as the Follies Pigalle presenting “Paris By Night”. When seen in March 2019 it had closed, and was still closed in 2022.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.