Hans Theater im Hochhaus
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Jacob Koerfer
Previous Names: Emelka Theater im Hochhaus, Hochhaus Theater
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located in the city center in the district of Neustadt-Koln at the Hansa Hochhaus. The Hansa Hochhaus was the first building in Koln to have 16-floors. The Emelka Theater im Hochhaus was opened on 20th October 1926. It had 1,200-seats in orchestra & balcony levels. It was designed by architect Jacob Koerfer, who also designed the Capitol Theater in Koln. It was operated by Emelka Theater, based in Berlin and later by Munchener Lichtspielkunst AG. In 1930 it was equipped with a Klangfilm sound system. In 1933 the Kolnische-haus-und Grundstucksverwaltung GmbH based in Koln-Lindenthal took over the operation and the cinema was re-named Hochhaus Theater. At the same time it was renovated and a stage the size of 9x10 meters for live performances was added. The seating capacity was reduced to 1,145. New luxurious seats covered with red velvet were installed. In 1934 it was re-named Hansa Theater im Hochhaus. In 1937 it was operated by Dusseldorf based Paul Ruschke.
After 1942 the cinema was demolished by Allied bombs during World War II It was not rebuilt. At the site of the former cinema in 2018 is a garage. The Hansa Hochhaus building is still at this site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.