110 E. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Fraternal Hall
Jones, Oklahoma (formerly Glaze), was a town of fewer than 300 people from its inception to the 1940’s. Located just twenty miles from Oklahoma City, people wanting to see films would have to travel there. That is until the early-1950s when the Fawn Theatre was established in downtown Jones next to the bank building. The town’s population had surged past 500 and hopes were high that a movie theatre could be supported.
But competing with both television and the large OKC theatres proved challenging and the Fawn Theatre reduced its operating schedule before closing on April 1, 1957 with Robert Taylor in “D-Day the Sixth of June”. Adolph Bell took on the venue in the Fall of 1958 operating on Wednesdays and Sundays only. That didn’t prove to be a winner and Bell offered the venue for sale. The Odd Fellows purchased the venue for a fraternal hall in 1961 leveling the theatre’s existing sloped floor.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.