W. State Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Home Theatre, Fox Theatre
Located on Main Street (today renamed W. State Street). W. H. Murphy opened the Home Theatre’s doors on July 10, 1915 with Francis X. Bushman in “The Great Silence”. The theatre is located in the Roberts' building, behind Murphy’s own garage. On June 19, 1929, the theatre installed talkies with Robert Ames in “The Voice of the City” being its first sound film.
On Christmas Day 1937, the Home Theatre changed its name to the Lake Theatre.
On May 12, 1950, the theatre changed its name to the Fox Theatre after Mr. Bernie Morris of Muscoda purchased the Lake Theatre from former operator Mr. Walter Lutzen 8 days prior.
2 years, a month, and 2 days later on June 14, 1952, Walter Lutzen reopened the theatre and the “Fox” named changed back to its “Lake” name after his son became the manager of the theatre.
The Lake Theatre didn’t last for long, and the theatre itself closed its doors for the final time on September 27, 1953 with the Bowery Boys in “Blonde Dynamite” along with a newsreel and a short subject being its last attraction to the theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.