Rialto Community Arts Center
215 E. Broadway Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Rialto Community Arts Center (Official)
Architects: Edward F. Brueggeman
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Rialto Theatre
The Rialto Theatre opened in 1911, and was operated by Guy Vail. It had several owners over the years, including Arkansas Amusements. In the 1930’s or 1940’s, when it was acquired by Malco Theatres, it received an Art Moderne remodel. This included its large and ornate marquee, with the theater’s name in large letters on each side of the triangular marquee, and the front panel in gold and rose colored stripes, the stylized, intertwined letters M and T inside a circle. A further remodel was carried out in 1952, to the plans of architect E.F. Bruggeman, and seating was provided for 670. The re-opening movie was Kathryn Grayson in “Lovely To Look At”
The final operator as a single screen was United Artists who converted it into a triple screen and operated it until closure in 1987.
In 1997, the Rialto Community Arts Center was formed and with assistance from the Conway County Arts Council, the theatre went through a complete renovation in 2000. Now in use as a peforming arts venue, with live stage shows, musical acts, concerts and movies.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.