4608 St. John Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Fox Midwest Theatres
Architects: Edgar T. Madorie
Previous Names: Gladstone Hall
News About This Theater
- Mar 22, 2011 — Fire destroys Kansas City’s Gladstone Hall Theater
The Gladstone Theatre was originally called the Gladstone Hall. It was used for live performances and later went to movies. Located in the Gladstone neighborhood at St. John Road and N. Elmwood Avenue. It opened in 1913 and seated 602. It was equipped with a Kimball organ which was opened by organist Allen Bogen of the Auditorium Theatre, Chicago.
It was an impressive two story building in red brick. The front along the second story was lined with with seven windows with curved arches and Corinthian style columns between each. there was a terra-cotta trim all along the roof of the building. Closed as a theatre in the early-1950’s the building was still in great shape and housed a business until it was destroyed by a fire February 27, 2011.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.