234 N. Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
The Crighton Theatre opened in 1935 seating 1,106. It is still a beautiful theatre that has been fully restored. The front of the theatre is in Corinthian Italian Renaissance style with four columns running down the front of the building with concrete urns on the roof level above each column. The facade is done in a polished granite and has a beige tint to it. There are five windows on the second level with stained glass above each.
The entrance level is covered from side to side with a flat marquee. The front doors look to be the original with pains of glass from top to bottom. Above each door is a rectangular stained glass window.
The lobby is rather large and well preserved. The floors are a highly polished red brick similar to cobblestones. There is a stair case on each side of the lobby that leads to the balcony. In the center of the lobby is a large crystal chandelier and small ones on each side of the lobby.
The Crighton Theatre is now the home of the Montgomery County Performing Arts Society after standing vacant for over a decade. It went through a renovation and reopened in 1979.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater