305 S. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
More Photos of This Theater
Before Pamyra’s Pal Theatre, it had a movie theatre called the Franklin Theatre housed in the Franklin Building along with a hotel and restaurant. (Grand opening ad of the theater January 16, 1913 in upper left.) A new operator John T. White took over the Franklin Building changing the name of both building and theatre to the Savoy. (First movie ad is upper left from October 1916.) The theatre was closed in 1928 co-existing for three days with its successor in the nearby Pal Theatre. As the Savoy wrapped up its movie slate, the Pal had three live shows (see ad in bottom left). In 1930, with a new owner, the Pal became “home of the talking pictures” (see ad in bottom right).
No one has favorited this photo yet