Showing 4 comments
An interesting side note that hasn’t been mentioned is that for several years before opening the Almo in 1924, Mr. Almos had been showing movies on Saturday nights at the Sons of Norway Hall.
Yup! Still occupied by Blue Heron Jewelry as of August 2022
It was always the Big Bear and it opened on May 26th, 1955 with “Chief Crazy Horse”, “Bear Country”, “Killers of the Swamp” and two cartoons. The Almo location never became a bakery. It is currently Blue Heron Jewelry and prior to that, it was Cat’s Meow Antiques.
The Almo Theatre opened in 1924. As of 2017 the building is currently occupied by Blue Heron Jewelry. In the Poulsbo Heritage Museum we have three of the original wooden, unpadded seats which were replaced with padded ones in 1931 when the theater was remodeled and a new screen and speakers were installed. We also have the large “ALMO THEATRE” sign, visible in the picture, hanging on our wall.