119 W. 5th Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Interstate Theatres Inc. & Texas Consolidated Theaters Inc., Trans-Texas Theatres
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Fifth Avenue Ideal Theatre, New Ideal Theatre and Roof Garden, Capri Theatre, Capri Art Theatre
The Fifth Avenue Ideal Theatre opened on February 13, 1913, with 500 seats. It was remodeled in 1917 to the plans of architect M.T. Horn It reopened with 1,000-seats on January 3, 1918 following alterations to the plans of architect Harry O. Blanding.
It was taken over by Publix on March 25, 1930. It was taken over by Interstate Theatre and was given a Streamline Moderne style make-over on August 3, 1930. On February 26, 1954 it was taken over by Tran-Texas Theatres circuit. On November 30, 1961 it was taken over by an independent operator and renamed Capri Theatre. On June 24, 1964 it went back to its Ideal Theatre name. It was closed on September 13, 1964. The vacant building was demolished in 1972.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.