Capitol Cinema Centre 3
54 Kepler Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Capitol Cinema Centre 3 (Official)
Previously operated by: Village Theatres
Architects: Charles Bohringer
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Spanish Renaissance
Previous Names: New Warrnambool Theatre, Capitol Theatre, Village Capitol Cinema
The New Warrnambool Theatre opened on 12th April 1930 with “The Hollywood Revue of 1929”. Seating was provided for 1,150 with 750 in the stalls and 400 in the balcony. It was listed as the Capitol Theatre in 1946 with 1,118 seats in orchestra and balcony levels. It was operated for many years by the Village Theatres chain.
Now known as the Capitol Cinema Centre 3, which has two screens downstairs and one screen upstairs.
On 4th August 2009, a fire in the main upstairs screen caused extensive damage to the cinema and the main roof. A temporary cinema was set up in the old technical school.
The Capitol Cinema building was repaired and re-opened on 28th July 2010. The cinema is now all digital and equipped for 3D presentations. Seating is provided for 250, 180 and 180.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.