417 Broadway Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: A.L. Lassiter
Previous Names: New Kozy Theatre, Little Theatre
The Kozy Electric Theatre was opened on March 12, 1907. It closed on March 21, 1914. It was demolished and was replaced by the New Kozy Theatre which opened on May 21, 1914 with “The Triumph of an Emperor”. It had seating for 500. Following a Streamline Moderne style makeover it was renamed Little Theatre on May 30, 1936. In 1938 & 1939 it went over to live theatre use. On June 24, 1939 it went back to use as a movie theatre and was renamed Rialto Theatre.
The Rialto Theatre was operated by the Keiler family’s Columbia Amement Company, and they had also operated an Orpheum Theatre in Paducah, as well as the Arcade Theatre, Columbia Theatre and the Kentucky Theatre.
The Rialto Theatre was closed on October 24, 1954 with Dorothy McGuire in “The Enchanted Cottage”.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.