Miami Theater Center
9806 NE 2nd Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Paramount Pictures Inc.
Architects: Harold Steward
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Shores Theatre, Shores Performing Arts Theater, O Cinema Miami Shores
Built in 1946 and opening on November 14, 1946 with Bing Crosby in “Blue Skies”, the Shores Theatre was designed by architectural firm Steward & Skinner with associate architects Kemp, Bunch & Jackson. It operated as a 1,000-seat single screen movie house until the late-1980’s. At that time it was transformed into the Shores Performing Arts Theatre, one of Miami’s up-and-coming professional theatre companies.
On October 13, 2012, it reopened as an independent art cinema, screening the original opening Bing Crosby movie “Blue Skies”. It later was known as the O Cinema Miami Shores at the Miami Theater Center. It shares the same space as the Playground Theatre, which presents live children’s shows. In 2017 it became the Miami Theater Center staging family & children’s theatre, sometimes programming family films.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.