1611 W. Madison Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Schoenstadt
Architects: J. Harry Randall
One of five Ashland Theatre’s which operated in Chicago. This Near West Side neighborhood theatre was located on W. Madison Street near S. Ashland Avenue, close to Union Park (and a few blocks from the present-day location of the United Center). The original street number was 594 W. Madison Street, now renumbered 1611 W. Madison Street. The Ashland Theatre opened on November 24, 1908 and cost $20,000 to build. It was owned by Warner & Ottman and managed by A.E. Weidner. It was operated as part of the Schoenstadt circuit for most of its existence.
It closed in 1929 and has long been demolished.
Not to be confused with other Ashland Theatres in Chicago at S. Ashland Avenue, W. Chicago Avenue, W. 12th Street & N. Milwaukee Avenue.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
Operated by Abe Balaban in 1915: https://archive.org/details/sim_billboard_1915-01-30_27_5/page/54/mode/1up?view=theater