White Palace Theatre
1609 S. Kedzie Avenue,
1609 S. Kedzie Avenue,Chicago, IL 60623
1 person favorited this theater
Showing 3 comments
Photo added via eBay courtesy LeRoy Blommaert.
The 1913 Polk’s City Directory notes that Barney Balaban was operating the White Palace in that year. (Balaban Brothers)
The White Palace must have been in operation prior to 1910, possibly under a different name. The “Building Permits” column of the January 15, 1910, issue of The Economist noted the planned remodeling and expansion of a theater at 1607-1613 S. Kedzie Avenue. The architect was Alexander L. Levy, eventually to be designer of at least a dozen other theaters in Chicago.