1 person favorited this theater
Firms: Cowper, Murphy, & Appleford
Previous Names: Valley Theatre
Located in Traralgon in the Moe Valley to the east of Melbourne. The Valley Theatre was built and operated by Jim Lawrence of the Lawrence Bothers and opened on 19th December 1951 with “The House Across the Street” and “Trio”. Designed by architectural firm Cowper, Murphy & Associates, seating was provided for 472 on a raked floor, with a raised stepped section at the rear seating 336. The Valley Theatre was closed on 8th May 1973 with “Young Winston”.
It was taken over by an independent operator and re-opened as the Latrobe Cinema on 21st June 1973 with “The Honkers” and “What’s the Matter with Helen?”. When it closed on 15th January 1978 it was playing Greek films.
It was taken over by a church for a year. It then became a reception hall/banquet suit. By 1992 it had been converted into a discotheque.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.