201 E. Avenue A,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Amusement Hall
The Amusement Hall opened June 30, 1909, with movies, dance hall, bowling, skating, shooting gallery and an apartment upstairs.
It was renamed the Victory Theatre on April 28, 1920, and was advertised in the North Side News playing the attraction “The World And Its Woman”, featuring Geraldine Farrar.
Admissions for the 700-seat theatre were Adults .25 cents, Children .10 cents. In January 1921 James Grenzeback, owner of the the Victory Theatre leased the theatre auditorium to L.M. Zug, owner of the Rialto Theatre.
The Victory Theatre was taken over by the IOOF lodge in 1936 and burned down April 10, 1943.
Virginia Ricketts, writing in the Jerome North Side News December 27, 1984, related the history of early Jerome Movie theatres, which included the Lyric Theatre and Idaho/Cozy Theaters.
The Jerome Public library has online issues of the North Side News dating back to 1908.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.