111 Water Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
This theatre appears on the 1923 Sanborn. It was in the northern storefront of a structure that appears to be a 1917 remodel of two older structures. The northern building appears on the 1916 map as a stove and tin shop.
The Aspley Theatre was opened by 1928 and was owned by Judge Joseph Aspley, the father of Bruce Aspley, who operated several theatres in Glasgow. It had closed by 1930.
As a theatre, this portion of the building had a recessed ground floor entry. No later maps are available, but the ground floor was remodeled sometime around 1950-60. For many years this was a book store, but it now appears to be a restaurant.
Strangely, the maps show that the northern building was deeper than the southern half, but the reverse is now true. It appears that some of the rear of the theatre was removed.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.