Terry Street and Beverley Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Associated British Cinemas Ltd.
Previous Names: Rialto Picture Theatre, Rialto Cinema
Located in Hull, Humberside on Terry Street at the junction of Beverley Road alongside the long gone Stepney Railway Station. Built as a roller skating rink, part of which was converted into the Rialto Picture Theatre on 9th December 1912. It was renamed Rialto Cinema in 1920.
In June 1931 it was taken over by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain and the front of the building was modernised.
Around 1944 it was taken over by an independent operator and was re-named National Cinema following the original National Picture Theatre nearby on Beverley Road being bombed in March 1941 (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
The National Cinema was closed on 22nd July 1961 and was demolished for a car park. The site became an Aldi supermarket in 1993 and in 2022 it became a Harris supermarket.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
Kine Year Book of 1944 has a Western Electric sound system and a proscenium width of 36 feet.