202 South Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Hopkins Theatre
The little town of 1,000 people in the west section of Baxter County had a movie theatre at one point called the Hopkins Theatre which had opened by 1926. By 1931 it had been renamed Paradise Theatre.
The Paradise Theatre was last operated by A.J. McClearly of West Plains, Missouri, who operated the theatre from July 14, 1955 (three days before the opening of Disneyland), who also installed a new screen and latest projection and air conditioning units that same time. In its later years, not only serves as a movie theatre but also serves a special events theatre as well. It was closed in the mid-1960’s.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 3 comments)
The theater first opened with a different name but was unknown at this time. It changed its name to the Cotter Theatre in 1917 after manager Frank Dawson remodeled the theater, and three years later it changed its name once again to the Hopkins Theatre in May 1920 after being purchased by C.E. Hopkins of Cotter from W.M. DeLapp of Mountain Home and remodeled the theater including new improvements being installed.
Correction: It’s the west section of Baxter County, not north section.
Uploaded ad images from the Baxter Bulletin, Mountain Home, AR from May 11, 1945 and January 23, 1948.