2720 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Interstate Theatres Inc. & Texas Consolidated Theaters Inc., Paramount Pictures Inc.
Architects: W. Scott Dunne
Previous Names: Elite Theatre
Opened in 1934, M.S. White was the original owner and named the theatre after himself. It was located at the corner of Forest Avenue and Oakland at 2720 Forest Avenue. He sold the White Theatre to Interstate Theatres Inc. within two years, along with his Dal-Sac Theatre. By 1941 it was operated by Paramount Pictures Inc. through their subsidiary Hoblitzelle & O'Donnell.
Two owners, the last of whom change the name to Elite Theatre in July 1955, when it operated briefly as an African-American theatre, brought the theatre to its end. It was converted into a restaurant and was still standing in 1973, but eventually demolished. As of the 2010’s, it is an empty lot at renamed corners of MLK Jr Boulevard & Malcolm X.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.