Metro Kino Kultur Haus

Johannesgasse 4,
Vienna 1010

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 2 comments

Ken Roe
Ken Roe on December 10, 2008 at 6:15 am

A photograph of the Metro Kino, in October 2008:

Ken Roe
Ken Roe on December 8, 2006 at 8:02 am

Originally opened in 1893 as a hall for balls and theatre performances, in an already existing building. In January 1924 it was re-modeled by architect Percy A. Faber into a 484 seat theatre for live performances and was known as the Comedy Theatre. This continued for many years. It was damaged by a falling bomb in 1945 which led to a brief closure.

From the 25th December 1951 it was opened as the Metro Kino with Stewart Granger in “King Solomons Mines” and it now had a seating capacity of 417.