19401 Parthenia Street,
4 people favorited this theater
Previous Names: Northridge Center 1-4
The Northridge Center 1-4 was opened by Robert L. Lippert Theatres on February 18, 1972. In 1982 it was taken over by Pacific Theatre. On May 20 1984 it was expanded to six screens with a total seating capacity of 1,921. It recieved some damage in the 1994 Northridge Earthquake and following renovations it reopened on November 18, 1994 when it had been expanded to ten screens, with theater sizes ranging from 100 to 300 seats apiece. Located in a strip mall that included doctors' offices and a pet store, this venue had an ideal location in between a 1950’s-style diner next door and a McDonald’s just down the block. Patrons could easily enjoy dinner and a movie right there on Parthenia Street.
However, with the opening of Pacific’s Stadium 21 Theatre in nearby Chatsworth and Fashion Center 10 inside the mall two blocks away all occurring within a year, this venue had little choice but to begin showing second-run films by the late-1990’s. That only delayed an inevitable demise: it was shut down by fall 2004. In 2006, construction has taken place at the site, which proved to be demolition.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.