Town & Country 2
1301 North Sandhills Boulevard,
1 person favorited this theater
Previous Names: Town & Country Cinemas
Located in the Town and Country shopping Center off U.S. Highway 1, in Southern Pines/Aberdeen. The Cinema was owned by All Star Cinemas which also owned and operated the Sandhill Cinema 10 that served the Greater Pines area and all of Moore County.
The cinema opened in 1966 as a single screen 600-seat theatre, a second 325 seat screen was later added. The theatre was closed somewhere around 2000 by Carmike Cinemas, around the same time they closed Carmike 4 that was just down the road from the two screens. All Star Cinemas bought/leased the building in 2000, and so far, Frank Theaters bought out All Star Cinemas, and all of the theatres within the company.
In October of 2007, the lease and bill ran out, closing the two screens, and it was demolished in 2011. A Texas Roadhouse now operates from the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.