1026 W. Lehigh Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp.
Designed by architect Albert E. Westover. The Keystone Theatre opened October 23, 1911 with 6-acts of vaudeville. Movies were being screened as part of the program from 1915. In 1919 it was equipped with a Moeller 2 manual 9 ranks organ. In 1925 alterations were carried out to the plans of architect Theodore Search Fett, and in 1926 Moeller organ was replaced by a larger Kimball organ. By 1941 it was operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. The Keystone Theatre was closed on July 5, 1954 with Elizabeth Taylor in “Elephant Walk” & Alex Nichol in “The Black Glove”. It became the Keystone Tabernacle Revival church for a short while until they moved into the Metropolitan Opera House.
The vacant building was auctioned off on September 25, 1958 and the winner of the auction demolished the Keystone theatre in May 1959 for the site to be used as a parking lot.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.