1425 E. Cecil B. Moore Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp.
Architects: Albert E. Westover
Styles: French Renaissance
Not to be confused with the Liberty Theatre at Torresdale Avenue. This Liberty Theatre was located on E. Columbia Avenue (today renamed E. Cecil B. Moore Avenue). It was opened on December 5, 1910 and was built on the site of a small Liberty Theatre. Designed by architect Albert E. Westover with a seating capacity of 1,800. It began as a vaudeville theatre and also a drama playhouse. From 1914 movies were added to the program. In 1924 it was equipped with a Kimball 2 manual 8 ranks organ. Like the other Liberty Theatre, by 1941 they were both operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. This Liberty Theatre was closed on January 1, 1968 with the documentary “Africa Addio”, Dean Martin in “Rough Night in Jericho” & James Drury in “The Young Warriors. It was demolished in 1974.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.