823 Houston Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Wallace Theatre (Official)
Previously operated by: Wallace Theaters
Firms: Allen & Allen
No theaters found within 30 miles
The Wallace Theatre was opened in 1928. It replaced an earlier Wallace Theater which was located across the street, opening in 1925, which became the Rose Theater. It was remodeled and became the “new” Wallace Theater in 1949, operated by Wallace and Rose Blankenship. The remodel was designed by architectural firm Allen & Allen of Lamesa, TX.
It originally featured fully automatic air conditioning, refreshment bar, smoking room, deep carpets, cry room, smoking in the balcony, neon auditorium lighting, fully upholstered opera chairs and more.
It was twinned in the 1970’s and was closed in 1982 and remained closed into the early-2000’s. It was de-twinned in 2015 and has since presented movies and live performances.
Mr. Blankenship and his sons Royce and W.B. eventually owned and operated 27 movie theaters in the West Texas area.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.