Queen's Hall Picture Theatre
5 Queen Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Jam House (Official)
Looking like a town house, it actually was built as a town house in 1784. In 1847 a hall was built at the rear and it became a Synod Hall used by the church.
Films were shown from 1897 and it continued as a cinema until 1915. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. In 1930 it was purchased by the BBC and became offices and a studio for their Scottish area of radio broadcasting.
The building was renovated in 1990 by architect Harry Bunch of of the architectural firm; Hurd Rolland & Partners.
Today, the building is known as the Jam House, and is a noted performance space for musicians who entertain diners in the restaurant. It also becomes a performance space during the annual Edinburgh Festival.
On 13th April 1965, Historic Scotland designated the Queen’s Hall a Grade A Listed building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.