Mile-Hi Drive-In

34 Voight Drive,
Deadwood, SD 57732

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 7 comments

MichaelKilgore on March 27, 2023 at 6:20 pm

Boxoffice, April 30, 1955: “C. C. Creamer, partner in Minneapolis Theatre Supply and president of Mile High Corp., building a drive-in at Deadwood, was in (Denver) to confer with Jack Rose, buyer and booker for the new ozoner, which will be named the Mile High. The drive-in will have a capacity for 600 cars. To open about June 1, the theatre will be managed by Leonard Steele, one of the partners in the ozoner”

MichaelKilgore on February 11, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Boxoffice, June 17, 1974: “Heavy winds … destroyed the screen tower at the Mile High Drive-In, Lead, S.D., operated by Leonard Steele. A new tower is being installed and an early reopening is scheduled.”

MichaelKilgore on January 10, 2020 at 6:45 am

Boxoffice, June 4, 1955: “Despite heavy rains, a large crowd turned out for the recent opening of the Mile High Drive-In at Lead, S. D., which was built by C. C. Creamer, Robert L??, Robert Lundquist and Leonard Steele jr. The latter will manage the operation.”

MichaelKilgore on November 21, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Motion Picture Herald, Feb. 5, 1955: “C. C. Creamer, of the Minneapolis Theatre Supply, is head of a company that is building a 600-car drive-in between Deadwood and Lead, S. D.”

dallasmovietheaters on December 3, 2017 at 3:53 am

The Mile-Hi Drive-In Theatre launched with “Branded” on May 27, 1955. In 1958, “North by Northwest” with its climactic Black Hill scene proved popular with locals and tourists. The theatre closed for the season September 24, 1978 with “The Norseman” and did not re-open. It was razed

Kenmore on May 25, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Found it! An accurate address (at least according to Google) is 34 Voight Dr, Deadwood, SD. Today, a subdivision sits on the property with no trace of the drive-in remaining.

Chris1982 on July 21, 2014 at 12:50 am

The Mile Hi Drive-In opened in 1960. Car capacity was 290 and the drive-in was still operating in 1979. It was located on Highway 385.